Friday, November 1, 2013

Love Design Love

I chose the article about Starbucks vs. Starbung.
Starbucks is a well known and reputable company, and one of America's favorite coffee companies. For Starbung to utilize the same design in their logo is wrong.  If you compare the two; the coloring, font, and positioning of the words, it is the same.  I know if I was in Bangkok and saw this logo, I would think I would be entering a Starbucks' coffee shop and expect to drink their coffee.  I agree with Starbucks that the green coloring be changed.  Starbucks also wants the word "Star" to be removed, as well as the word "Coffee," but I don't think that is necessary.  Starbung has been in business for 15 years, so customers who visit the shop have tasted their roasted coffee and must love it, so they shouldn't have a problem changing the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment