Friday, September 6, 2013



What is your computer experience?
My computer experience goes back over 30 years ago.  I took Basic programming in college.  When I got my teaching job, I taught basic word processing, spreadsheets and desktop publishing.  Our school had primarily Apple Macintosh computers.  Over the years, I have purchased over ten computers (desktops and laptops) trying to keep up with the ever changing technology.  I taught myself most of the Adobe software programs.  I love working on computers and could not picture my life without one.

What is your major class?
I am pursuing the Web Design Development certificate program.

What do you hope to get out of this class?
I know how to use the design programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc., but I don't feel comfortable designing a page myself.  I can follow a tutorial and create a finished project, but I would like to be able to look at a picture and figure out the best way to design it.

Who is your favorite artist?
Probably my favorite musical artist are the Beatles.  I grew up with them and still enjoy their music today.

Write a five line story?
The best story that I know very well is the story of me.  I come from a family of teachers and knew I was destined to become one.  I started teaching 32 years ago at Eastern High School.  I taught every business course they offered, but loved teaching my computer classes the best.   My favorite topic to teach was web pages using html, so I thought I would like to learn professionally how to create them. After spending many sleepless nights wondering if I was making the right decision, I finally decided to retire.  I know that I'm not the kind of person who can sit home and watch soap operas and eat bon bons.  That is why I decided to return to college.  So that is what I am doing, reinventing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment